Training Specialist/MEL Coordinator, Uzbekistan
Job opportunities with new USAID-funded project in Uzbekistan
Apply immediately, but no later than November 12, 2021
The East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for positions with its new Judicial System Strengthening Activity (JSSA) in Uzbekistan, a four-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). JSSA is divided into three components: Component 1 will strengthen the administration of justice by improving court and case management; Component 2 will strengthen the professionalism of the judiciary through enhanced training initiatives; and Component 3 will strengthen public trust in the judiciary. The following are full time, long-term (four year) positions, based in Tashkent, beginning immediately. The positions are open only to persons eligible to work in Uzbekistan.
The Training Specialist/Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Coordinator is responsible for assisting Legal Training Expert and collecting and reporting MELP data for the entire project. This full-time position reports to the Chief of Party and Legal Training Expert.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists Legal Training Specialist in designing surveys and other data collection tools;
- Carries out trainings’ follow-up assessments;
- Supports development of training programs;
- Collects data for quarterly and annual MELPs and drafts them.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting the development of professional training programs in the justice, legal or related sector;
- At least 3 years of experience designing and overseeing MEL systems, including experience relevant to development assistance activities; experience with justice sector MELP preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, sociology, statistics, international development, or a related field, master’s degree preferred; and
- Fluency in English and Russian required, Uzbek preferred.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Training Specialist/MEL Coordinator, Uzbekistan" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.
About EWMI: The East-West Management Institute, Inc. works to strengthen democratic societies by bringing together government, civil society and the private sector to build accountable, capable and transparent institutions. Learn more about our work here: https://ewmi.org/.