Senior Proposal Writer
BAO Systems is looking for a Senior Proposal Writer. This position is a senior level position within the BD team and reports to the Director of Business Development. The position collaborates closely with other members of the Business Development Division and with programs and technical staff.
BAO Systems is a data-focused company with service and product offerings in the areas of data collection, data integration, data analytics and data sciences. We strive to ensure that data are available, accessible, digestible, and used for programmatic decision-making across all levels of an information system or within an organization. Our broad expertise enables us to design, implement, and support sustainable solutions to solve complex challenges through technical assistance and capacity building. We empower our partners and decision makers with the tools to collect, use, and analyze data to make more informed and impactful decisions across a number of sectors including health, food security, education, WASH, and agriculture. BAO Systems has supported deploying information systems for more than 100 partners in over 60 countries.
· Lead proposal writing.
· Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions with the Business Development and technical teams throughout the life of the proposal.
· Develop technical proposal outline and compliance matrices.
· Works with subject matter experts to translate technical solutions into a clearly articulated, compelling, and compliant proposal document that is well written.
· Participates in win strategy/theme development.
· Co-facilitate technical design sessions.
· Use evidence and learning from across the organization to strengthen proposals.
· Revises technical proposal drafts in response to feedback and comments in collaboration with the proposal team.
· Review final technical proposal content for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to solicitation requirements, in preparation for reviews and final production.
· Responsible for preparing final version of proposals.
· Support other writing tasks, including capability statements and marketing materials as required.
· Attend and participate in business development and capture meetings.
· B.A. in international relations, social sciences, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· 8-10 years of work experience, including significant experience in the international development field.
· Demonstrated success in writing proposals for USAID, bilateral donors, foundations and UN Agencies.
· Won proposals as lead writer, responding to USAID and other donor funding opportunities.
· Subject area knowledge in global health, agriculture, or other sector familiarity.
· Excellent, analytical, writing and editing skills.