Job opportunities with new USAID-funded project in Uzbekistan
Apply immediately, but no later than November 12, 2021
The East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for positions with its new Judicial System Strengthening Activity (JSSA) in Uzbekistan, a four-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). JSSA is divided into three components: Component 1 will strengthen the administration of justice by improving court and case management; Component 2 will strengthen the professionalism of the judiciary through enhanced training initiatives; and Component 3 will strengthen public trust in the judiciary. The following are full time, long-term (four year) positions, based in Tashkent, beginning immediately. The positions are open only to persons eligible to work in Uzbekistan.
The Office Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing logistics and office administration.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead project office management, including operational, administrative, and human resources responsibilities in line with EWMI and USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage basic operations of the office and its staff, including files and record management, office inventory and maintenance, implementation of operational policies and procedures, correspondence, and related tasks;
- Oversee administrative support of the project and its activities, such as event management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and related tasks;
- In coordination with finance and program staff, support procurement of goods and services in compliance with EWMI and USAID regulations;
- Oversee human resources responsibilities such as recruitment and hiring, records management, performance review processes, implementation of EWMI human resources policies, and related tasks.
- At least 5 years of experience in office management and administration, preferably in the realm of non-profit organizations or international development;
- Proven experience in management of administrative, operational, and human resources tasks; experience implementing related policies and procedures;
- Strong organization and planning skills, proven experience supporting high-level events;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, and flexibility to manage fast timelines and multiple work streams;
- Fluency in English and Russian required, Uzbek preferred.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: email@example.com. Please include "Office Manager, Uzbekistan" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.
About EWMI: The East-West Management Institute, Inc. works to strengthen democratic societies by bringing together government, civil society and the private sector to build accountable, capable and transparent institutions. Learn more about our work here: https://ewmi.org/.