Resume: Kylene Guse
|Last Resume Update||March 26, 2012|
|Address||1943 15th Street #2, San Francisco, CA 94114|
|Experience||5+ to 7 Years|
|register to see|
|Phone Number||register to see|
• Currently working on the strategic design of the Refugee and Immigrant Family Empowerment Program (RIFE), which includes defining outcomes and objectives of adult and youth workshops, as well as program vision and key communication messages.
• Adapted Relationship Enhancement curriculum (IDEALS) to include modules on gender and sexuality from various gender-transformative curricula including: Program H, The Acquire Project (EngenderHealth and Promundo, 2008) and It’s All One Curriculum (The Population Council).
• Designed and facilitated gender-awareness training for IRCO staff and community members.
University of Chicago, Section of Family Planning, Chicago, IL, Education Coordinator, July 2010 – December 2011
• Directed a new education initiative to develop and implement a digital-based (web-based, mobile) sexuality education intervention for urban youth of color through participatory action research (PAR) using digital storytelling.
• Conducted participant observation and a literature review to better understand the online identities of youth as well as map out digital-based sexuality education programs and their effectiveness. (Proposal to submit paper accepted by the Journal of Adolescent Health).
• Participated in a round-table discussion with experts in the field of digital media and education to discuss how to create theory driven research and what to evaluate and measure in digital-based health education programs.
Instituto Promundo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Consultant, May 2009 - July 2010
• Conducted research on interventions for rape perpetration for boys and young men for the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI), an initiative of the Global Forum for Health Research.
• Revised the Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health: A Global Toolkit for Action, a toolkit developed by Promundo, UNFPA and the MenEngage global alliance.
• Collaborated with CARE International in the northwest Balkans region on the adaptation of the Program H manual, developed by Promundo to engage boys and men in regards to sexual and reproductive health, fatherhood, HIV prevention, treatment, care and support and the elimination of gender-based violence.
Latin America Center on Sexuality and Human Rights (CLAM) and Instituto Promundo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Fulbright Scholar, March 2009 - December 2009
•Designed and implemented a participatory action research project using Photovoice as a methodology with eight young people from Maré, a low-income area near the Rio de Janeiro metropolitan area. Advised by Sonia Corrêa, Sexuality Policy Watch and Christine Ricardo, Instituto Promundo
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA, USA
Thesis title: Sexual Moral Politics in South Dakota: Young Women “In the Middle”
Advisors: Gilbert Herdt, Ph.D., Carole Joffe, Ph.D.
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Spanish, Magna Cum Laude, May 2003
Augustana College, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA