Visualization and Data Utilization Internship
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Washington, DC, District Of Columbia|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2012|
|Category||Information & Analysis|
|Duration||Full-time 3 months|
|Closing date for applications||June 2, 2012|
In FY2011 Pact collected data on its programs globally in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 database. This will be an ongoing effort repeated every fiscal year. As part of the effort, we want to create a strategy and an operational plan to make this data available to Pact staff globally in a visually friendly and easy to use manner. The Visualization and Data Utilization Intern will work closely with the IT team and the Director of Results and Measurement to create and operationalize a strategy that will allow Pact staff to
• Create standard reports that will allow them to access basic information
• Construct custom queries and filters to extract relevant data
• Represent extracted data in a visually friendly and easy to use manner
• Share the extracted data with fellow Pact employees
• Review the structure of the current solution
• Analyze available options for making the data
• Provide a strategy and operational plan
• Work with the IT and MERL team to implement the proposed system
• Test the system with the Opportunity Development and Program Delivery Teams
• Develop user manuals, training documentation and conduct training sessions for Pact DC staff
• Provide suggestions for future direction noting the known constraints of additional years of data, change in structure of current database
• Bachelor’s degree – Completed or in progress
• Excellent communication, writing and data visualization skills
• Practical, prefers the 80% solution to no solution
• Experience with relational database systems and database administration
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 or 2008 R2 and SQL
• Experience with OLAP, data warehousing, data mining solutions
• Experience with reporting solutions a plus
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 18 days ago.
- Lesotho: HIV / primary healthcare project manager Paray, Thaba Tseka posted 24 days ago.
- Protocol Associate posted 1 day ago.
- Coordinator of Emergency Response to the Coffee Rust Crisis posted 1 day ago.
- Technical Advisor posted 1 day ago.