To support the Global Partnership on Children with Disabilities and Development
|Location||New York City, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||May 7, 2012|
|Job Type||Short-Term Consultant|
|Closing date for applications||May 14th 2012|
To identify a professional in the area of partnerships to support the UNICEF to coordinate the Global Partnership on Children with Disabilities (CWD) in Development and to provide support in organizing the Forum at UNICEF House in September 2012. The selected consultant will also support the development and the launch, during the Forum, of the UNICEF Web Site and Orientation on Disabilities. For more information please see the attached Terms of Reference.
Qualifications and Competencies
• At least 3 years of proven experience in development organization
• Familiarity with the disability issues
• At least 3 years of experience in the field of communication
• Good knowledge of the human rights-based approach, equity and inclusive development. Ideally, experience working on the issues of children with disabilities within the UN agencies.
• Advanced degree in communication and international relations and/or disability studies
• Knowledge of the RedDot CMS
• Strong understanding of the UNICEF structure
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Advanced computer skills with proven ability to develop PowerPoint presentations for delivery on line via WebEx or other platform
Only New York-based consultants will be considered as needed for in-person consultation.
Duration: The consultancy starts May 21st 2012 until December 31st 2012.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and UN Personal History form (P11 form) to email@example.com with subject line “Support to the Global Partnership on Children with Disabilities and Development” by May 14th 2012.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
← Go back
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 4 days ago.
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 10 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 11 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 11 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 18 days ago.