Team Leader/Chief of Party, Climate Change Project
|Location||Hanoi, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2012|
|Category||Chief of Party|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||5/25/2012|
Pact intends to expand its programming to include climate change in Vietnam in 2011/2012. This position is contingent upon award.
The Team Leader/Chief of Party will be responsible for managing and providing the technical direction for a donor-funded climate change program (adaptation and mitigation). The Team Leader/Chief of Party will provide technical guidance and support for climate change activities, coordinate with relevant stakeholders including the donor and local partners, as necessary. The Team Leader/Chief of Party will report to the Country Director and will oversee a team of operations staff and technical area managers.
• Provide high-quality technical guidance and support that is grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adheres to expected technical quality.
• Remain up to date on good practices and developments in climate change programming, in order to ensure program quality and impact.
• Formulate and guide the implementation of the program based on program targets.
• Oversee team managers for the implementing partners, and technical, finance, grants, and M&E issues related to the project.
• Develop staff and partner capacity and technical knowledge.
• Lead the development of annual workplans and other planning documents, including development of corresponding activity budgets.
• Track progress of activities against workplan and spending against project budgets.
• Coordinate donor and organizational reporting per requirements and as requested; and ensure quality of project data and all narrative reports.
• Oversee project reviews and evaluations and ensure timely utilization and dissemination learning for continual improvement of project activities and overall strategy.
• Represent Pact and the project in relevant meetings with stakeholders, including partners, donors and government, and in external forums and working groups related to climate change.
• Participate in organizational Communities of Practice related to the project focus.
• Demonstrated experience in project implementation and management, ideally related to a complex climate adaptation and/or mitigation programs involving multiple actors.
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to provide the financial management and oversight necessary to successfully execute a program in sensitive working environments.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Practical knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
• Advanced degree in environmental science, social sciences, international development, or relevant area.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working on international development programs, preferably focused on climate change.
• Prior experience in a high-level position under a donor-funded program.
• Professional experience in Southeast Asia preferred.
• Demonstrated experience supervising, managing and developing staff.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills.
• Fluency in English required.
• Knowledge of Vietnamese language preferred.
To submit a resume through Pact’s website go to: http://www.pactworld.org/cs/job_openings_list
← Go back