|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Summary: The Systems Administrator (SA) ensures smooth and efficient IT systems operations in Pact’s country offices as well as in Washington DC. The Systems Administrator (SA) provides regular offsite support to Pact’s country offices and is expected to travel, as needed, to country offices. The Systems Administrator will also be expected to work on an on-call basis in cases of urgency.
• Provide IT infrastructure support, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, performing systems upgrades and analysis, disaster recovery plans.
• Maintaining IT helpdesk, including prioritizing and responding to open tickets.
• Maintaining hardware and software inventories, warranties, and licensing
• Managing IT procurement including maintaining contacts with vendors, obtaining quotes and tracking purchases
• Developing and documenting operation procedures for Windows servers and applications, as well as installing, maintaining, and supporting them
• Monitoring and maintaining virus management programs
• Creating user groups, assigning user group rights
• Monitoring servers and storage, company-wide
• Design, implementation and support of Active Directory.
• Training and providing support to end-users for MS Office, Outlook, Project and other tools.
• Installation and support of wired, wireless, and VSAT based networks.
• Creating and maintaining networks, including IP addressing, basic routing functions, DHCP, LDAP
• Troubleshooting IT-related problems and issues, as needed; proactively identifying customer business problems/opportunities and recommending solutions
• Creating user groups and assigning user group rights
• Helps ensure that all IT related systems have active / current backup
• Performing other duties as assigned.
BA and at least 6 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
Ability to travel internationally, sometimes with short notice
• Previous experience in systems administration and networking.
• Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
• Strong orientation to customer satisfaction
• Certifications in Microsoft technologies
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Engagement in corporate initiatives
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Virtualization technologies, Microsoft Hyper-V experience preferred
• Microsoft Datacenter Edition Operating Systems experience
• Experience supporting SharePoint, CRM, and other Microsoft back-office tools
• Exchange/Outlook experience
• MS office, MS project, and other desktop tools
• Active Directory
• Computer Room operational support
To apply for this position, please visit Pact’s job board at: https://www5.ultirecruit.com/PAC1005/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan