Senior Technical Writer/Editor, Gender and Rights Unit
|Location||not specified, United States|
|Date Posted||May 7, 2012|
|Job Type||Short-Term Consultant|
|Closing date for applications||11 May 2012|
UNICEF is seeking a senior writer/editor to assist with the process of technically editing producing the Toolkit components. Each of the eight Toolkit modules has been developed by a different team of technical experts, so the technical writer/editor will be tasked with ensuring consistency across all modules both from a conceptual/technical, as well as language standpoint, including rewriting some of the contents, where necessary, as well as ensuring all comments received on the modules in the process of review are fully incorporated. The editor will also be responsible for ensuring that key cross-cutting issues are properly addressed. For more information, please see the attahed Terms of Reference:
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Excellent writing and editing skills, and experience of presenting complex technical information in an easily comprehensible way for non-specialist readers.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience at the senior level in the field of child rights and development cooperation, ideally acquired in part at the country level.
• Experience working within a complex aid architecture environment in a range of contexts, including development and emergencies.
• Good familiarity with international development cooperation modalities and aid instruments, including PRSPs, NDPs, general budget support modalities, sector budget support, and overall public finance management reforms.
• Master’s degree in Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law, or other relevant fields.
• Previous experience with UNICEF an asset.
• Fluency in English.
Duration: Start date: 21 May 2012 End date: 31 July 2012
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and UN Personal History P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Writer/Editor Child Rights in Development Cooperation” by 11 May 2012. Please indicate your ability, availability and rate to undertake the terms of reference above.
← Go back
- Program Officer (Southeast Asia) posted 5 days ago.
- Country Director posted 12 days ago.
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted about 1 month ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted about 1 month ago.
- Resource Development Officer posted about 1 month ago.