Senior Recruiting Specialist
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Washington, DC, Washington, DC|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2012|
|Category||NGO & Civil Society|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||July 26, 2012|
Senior Recruiting Specialist
Pact is seeking an energetic and results-oriented Senior Recruiting Specialist to join our fast-paced, full life cycle recruitment team supporting domestic and international recruitment. The position is responsible for thorough execution of Pact’s recruiting process for assigned searches, including technical and management positions at headquarters and abroad, as well as proposal recruitment at various levels. This position will also be responsible for execution of projects to support and enhance Pact’s recruiting presence (as assigned by the Recruitment Manager). The position includes: advertising jobs, reviewing job descriptions, screening online applications, collecting proposal personnel documentation, conducting reference checks, negotiating offers and proactively building Pact’s talent pipeline. The Senior Recruiting Specialist will also be responsible for proposal recruitment, attending career fairs and representing Pact at conferences and workshops.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish a strong rapport with hiring managers at headquarters and in international field offices to understand their strategic staffing needs and fill vacancies in a timely manner. Ensure clear mutual understanding of staffing priorities and practical constraints. Guide the hiring managers through the recruitment process where needed.
• Manage communications between applicants, hiring managers and others to keep all parties apprised of the status of each search.
• Work with hiring managers to develop job descriptions and announcements, post advertisements in a variety of newspapers, list-serves, trade publications, networks, etc. including internationally focused sources. Recommend creative and alternative advertising venues and strategies.
• Review online applications, evaluate qualifications of both internal and external candidates, conduct prescreen interviews to analyze candidate experience and fit, coordinate pre-employment tests as needed, and develop a short list of potential candidates.
• Present fully-screened qualified candidates to hiring managers in a timely manner and coordinate interviews. Arrange travel and lodging (international and domestic) for applicants, as needed.
• Manage candidate interview results and selection decision with hiring manager. Provide candidates feedback on interview results as appropriate.
• Complete reference check and background checks on selected candidates, as requested.
• Participate in the offer process including negotiating offers with candidates.
• Prepare offer letter/employment agreement for signature.
• Liaise between new hires and human resources, ensuring submission of all documentation required.
• Be proactive, think strategically, and network early in search of stellar candidates for all positions.
• Recommend system improvements to current recruitment processes to ensure streamlined, cost effective, high quality services are provided to hiring managers.
• Track applicant flow, maintain pipeline of qualified candidates for future consideration, help collect and analyze recruitment data.
• Build and maintain database of qualified professionals to rapidly respond to talent management needs.
• Represent Pact with professionalism, enthusiasm and energy to sell the organization to prospective candidates.
• Conduct informational interviews with potential candidates. Solicit and prioritize internal referrals.
• Attend career fairs and conferences to promote Pact and deepen the pool of potential candidates. Provide information on company operations and employment opportunities to potential applicants.
• Develop and maintain an international network of recruiters, contacts and candidates via proactive use of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc)
• Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment.
• Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with hiring managers.
• Demonstrated ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and creative.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent oral and written communication and representational skills.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases including applicant tracking systems.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively both in groups as well as independently.
• Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information.
• Ability to travel, if requested, to the field offices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree, or relevant equivalent experience plus four years of related professional experience, preferably in a full life cycle, international recruitment structure.
• Knowledge of HR and employment laws is strongly preferred
• Experience searching for candidates with executive, professional and technical expertise is preferred.
• Experience recruiting for positions in developing countries and/or in the NGO/PVO industry preferred
To apply for this position, please visit out website at www.pactworld.org