Security Manager for Country Operations
|Date Posted||May 11, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||5 Jun 2012|
This is a role for an accomplished professional looking to manage GRM’s security in Nigeria
Work with a dynamic in-country team of international and local personnel
Be a key in-country manager for an international company
Have exposure to professionals working on various aid and development projects funded by multiple donors
GRM seeks to employ a Security Manager for its current project operations in Nigeria for an initial 12 months with the prospect of turning into a full time role for the right candidate. The successful candidate would be based in Abuja but will be required to travel to other parts of the country on a frequent and regular basis.
The GRM International Group has been providing sustainable development throughout the world for more than 35 years. It is a recognised leader in resource and development management.
Purpose of Position:
The role will be responsible for the identification and management of security and related risks (including emergency response planning) relating to GRM’s operation in Nigeria to ensure best practices and protection of employees, consultants and visitors, infrastructure and equipment. Assist in the provision of comprehensive, efficient, cost effective operational and tactical security service and provide strategic advice to the management.
The role will be expected to:
• Ensure a safe and secure working environment for all employees, consultants and visitors.
• Ensure that all employees, consultants and visitors of the Nigeria local offices are given proper induction on security and safety.
• Ensure that relevant security and emergency response plans are maintained at all times. Provide regular feedback and recommendations to GRM’s Safety and Security Manager on the effectiveness of the plans.
• Ensure that standard operating procedures related to security in all GRM offices in Nigeria are being followed.
• Conduct regular site visit and security audit in all GRM local offices in Nigeria.
• Effective management of security personnel.
• Liaise with security agencies and appropriate government authorities and keep abreast with security regulations in Nigeria.
• Liaise with clients, other non-governmental organizations on security arrangements.
• Ensure that all drivers are given proper training on defensive driving and other security and safety related trainings.
• Provide weekly and monthly security risk assessment report to GRM’s Safety and Security Manager and Nigeria Country Manager.
• Any other duty relating to security and safety that maybe assigned from time to time.
The role will report directly to the Country Manager with oversight from Safety and Security Manager.
• Regular updates with your line manager
• Weekly and monthly submission of security reports and updates
• Exception reports as and when required
Minimum education and experience required:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• Total minimum of 7 years extensive security and safety experience acquired in military or in a semi-hostile environment
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
• Formal certification in occupational health and safety is preferred
• Clean criminal record
• Sound auditing techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational, documentation and technical writing skills
• Effective interpersonal skills including effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Effective leadership and management skills
• Can work under pressure and with minimum supervision
• Reliable, committed, loyal and trustworthy
• Willingness to travel to local Nigeria offices
If you have what it takes to make a difference please email your CV to email@example.com and please do the following:
1. State ‘Security Manager – GRM Nigeria’ in the subject line.
2. Explain in a cover letter how you meet the position requirements.
3. Please submit your application by the closing date of: 5th June 2012.
4. Please state in your cover letter where you saw this position advertised.
← Go back
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 9 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 11 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 11 days ago.
- Lesotho: HIV / primary healthcare project manager Paray, Thaba Tseka posted 24 days ago.
- Foundation Team Leader posted about 1 month ago.