Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Washington, DC, United States|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2012|
|Category||NGO & Civil Society|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||May 25, 2012|
The Program Specialist (PS) works collaboratively with the Program Delivery team by providing efficient support to project operations and administration. The PS reports to a Program Manager or Senior Program Manager.
- Providing operational and administrative support to projects as needed; coordinating timely and comprehensive responses to country teams’ requests and needs
- Maintaining good knowledge of project issues, operations, and working environment
- Keeping track of programs, up-coming due deliverables and reporting dates
- Coordinating preparation of project-related consultant agreements and tracking related payments
- Helping to coordinate start-up processes for new country offices and close-outs for countries were operations are ending
- Ensuring high-quality project descriptions, documents, case studies, country strategies and other relevant documents are posted to internal and external websites
- Establishing and maintaining a document filing system for each project; copying relevant email traffic to project archives; preparing documents for off-site storage
- Entering and updating project information, profiles, and contact lists in Pact’s databases and shared network drives
- Scheduling meetings, as requested, and taking minutes
- Participating in Program Delivery team-wide meetings and initiatives
- Coordinating administrative support from the Shared Services department
- Following up with relevant HQ departments on requests from country offices
- Ensuring project intellectual capital is properly captured, filed and disseminated
- Support new business development with coordination and packaging
- Attend external meetings and working groups and take notes to share with Pact staff in Washington and field offices
- Travel to country offices to provide support as needed.
- Other related tasks.
•Strong in all areas
•Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
•Basic understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
•Consistently works within internal process and procedures
•Strong interpersonal skills
•Engagement in corporate initiatives, as requested
•Good planning and time management skills
•Good written and oral communication skills
•Ability to problem-solve
•Strong attention to detail
•Ability to multitask, adapting to frequently changing priorities
•Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
•Baseline experience in one of Pact’s technical areas or a support function
•Basic knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
Competence using common desktop applications
- BA and 2+ years of relevant experience (or equivalent) required.
- Ability to travel and at short-notice required.
- Work experience in international development or a developing country and/or project management strongly preferred.
Fluency in English required; proficiency in at least one other language spoken in Southern Africa strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 9 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 10 days ago.
- Clinician with Hospital Development Expertise posted 24 days ago.
- Lesotho: HIV / primary healthcare project manager Paray, Thaba Tseka posted 24 days ago.
- Foundation Team Leader posted about 1 month ago.