|Date Posted||August 6, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||12th August 2012|
CARE Österreich aims to strengthen the livelihoods and food security of the poorest and most vulnerable groups and it develops new, gender-sensitive approaches to respond to the needs and priorities of its target groups, and engages in innovative programming in Africa and Asia.
• Management and implementation of programmes, in particularly working with the CARE Country Offices in monitoring and evaluation as well as capacity building
• Contract management and project controlling, implementation of CARE programme standards and donor guidelines (European Commission and Austrian Development Agency)
• Development of new project- and programming initiatives (call for proposals European Commission and Austrian Development Agency)
• Close collaboration with CARE Country Offices, donors (European Commission and Austrian Development Agency), partner organizations and experts
• Support to CARE Austria’s advocacy and media work
• Travels in project areas (ca. 20%)
• University degree in social science, law and/or other disciplines relevant for development cooperation
• Minimum 2 years relevant working experience
• Excellent German and English AND good French skills required, spoken and written
• Strong skills in project management and managing of donor contracts
• Strong skills in financial management (budgeting and expenditure control)
• Experience of working in intercultural and multinational settings, work experience in developing countries
• Sound understanding of key concepts as gender equality and poverty reduction, as well as familiarity with related processes and institutions
• Ability to execute and take on complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent manner
• A self-dependent, diversified occupation on a high level
• Current topics on the basis of international discourses & discussions
• Dynamic team
• NGO-adequate salary according to internal scheme (minimum EUR 2,127.—gross salary; higher classification depending on relevant professional experience)
NB: An EU citizenship or work permit is a necessary requirement for this post. Only applications which full fills all language skills (German, English, French) will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application by 12th August, 2012. Please send your CV and cover letter in English as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters, which will all be treated with confidentiality, to CARE Österreich, firstname.lastname@example.org. If your mother tongue is not German, please send your motivation letter in German.
To learn more about CARE and CARE Österreich, go to www.care.at, www.expert.care.at and www.careclimatechange.org.
CARE’s Mission: We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
← Go back
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 3 days ago.
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 9 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 10 days ago.
- Resource Development Officer posted 18 days ago.
- Clinician with Hospital Development Expertise posted 24 days ago.