|Location||New York City, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2012|
|Job Type||Short-Term Consultant|
|Duration||6 months with possibility of 5-month extension subject to availability of funds, office’s needs and satisfactory performance.|
|Closing date for applications||May 18, 2012|
IT Solutions and Services (ITSS) Division, UNICEF New York Headquarters
Under the general supervision of the Contracts Manager, responsible for managing procurement in accordance with the UNICEF Rules and Regulations for full range of IT and Telecommunication Services with Organization wide coverage.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Economics or technical related field is required.
Good knowledge of the latest trends of technology, services and products trends and development in information technology fields is strongly desirable.
Knowledge/certificate in commercial law will be an advantage.
Minimum of five years practical professional work experience in the field of procurement of IT services and solutions. Experience with public procurement and commercial contracting at the national and international level. Experience with worldwide procurement, contract negotiations and administration.
In particular, experience with procurement of IT cloud & hosting services; consultancies and staff augmentation services; telecommunication and connectivity services (Satellite, terrestrial, etc.) will be an asset.
• Knowledge of international public procurement, contract negotiations and administration.
• Ability to proactively manage the procurement plan, contribute to team responsibilities and manage client expectations.
• Good analytical skill and negotiating skills.
• Ability to lead and coordinate complex procurement processes using specific competitive solicitation methods (Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid, Request for Proposals).
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
• Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor as well as function in a team-oriented culture.
• Good knowledge of computer applications.
Fluency in English and proficiency in other UN language is required.
Duration of the Consultancy: 6 months with possibility of 5-month extension subject to availability of funds, office’s needs and satisfactory performance.
Location: The work will be performed at the UNICEF New York Headquarters
Expected Start Date: 1 July 2012
Proposed Remuneration: $350.00/day
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application along with a cover letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18 May 2012.
The Organization does not sponsor for the H1 Visa.
← Go back
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 11 days ago.
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Myanmar posted 3 days ago.
- Livelihoods Specialist, Anticipated Project to Reduce Child Labor in Rwanda (DOL) posted 3 days ago.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor posted 3 days ago.
- Administrative Officer posted 3 days ago.