Post Doctoral Fellow, Gender
|Location||Bogor, West Java, Indonesia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||30 June 2012|
We are looking for people who share our mission and our commitment to professionalism, innovation, impact and collaboration. We currently have an exciting job opportunity as a Post Doctoral Fellow, Gender.
The Gender Post Doc Fellow will be part of a core cross-centre team with responsibility and oversight for the integration of gender into CRP6 research. Under the supervision of the CRP6 gender cross-cutting theme coordinator, the gender post doc will be responsible for ensuring that gender is adequately integrated into CRP6 research and that mechanisms and structures needed to improve the quality and volume of gender-responsive research in the CRP6 are developed and implemented. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring that activities identified for integrating gender analysis into existing research and strategic gender research are implemented in a timely and effective manner. The position will be based at the Center for International Forestry research headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia but may involve travel to locations where CIFOR (and partners) conduct research.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the scientific and methodological coordination of gender-responsive research.
• Assist with the implementation of the Gender strategy of the CGIAR Research Programme on Forest, Trees and Agroforestry (CRP6).
• Develop and maintain a network of strategic research and policy partners to address the problem of gender equity in forestry.
• Develop and organise training on gender analysis for scientists and key partners.
• Co-lead the development of gender-responsive research proposals and fundraising
Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out in the staff’s annual performance contract.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
• A PhD in a field related to the subject area such as women/gender studies, development studies, sociology, anthropology and other relevant disciplines.
• Solid background in forestry, natural resources management, environmental management or related subject.
• Sound command of methods for gender analysis.
• Experience in developing, delivering and reporting training and review workshops.
• Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with demonstrated excellence in written and oral presentations. Additional languages desirable.
• Field experience in developing countries.
• Some experience in proposal development and fundraising desirable.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Excellent skills in synthesis and review.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and complete tasks with attention to detail.
• Competency in personal organisation, priority setting and managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to work collaboratively in cross-cultural contexts with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research and capacity strengthening.
• Values the sharing of information in a collaborative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
• Willingness to travel as required.
Terms and Conditions:
• Competitive remuneration in US dollars commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for a period of 2 years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be at CIFOR headquarters in Bogor, Indonesia, with travel to research sites.
• The application deadline is 30 June 2012.
• We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only short-listed candidates.
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information for three referees to:
Human Resources Department, CIFOR
Please indicate the position and its reference number in the email subject line.
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org.
CIFOR is an equal opportunity employer. Staff diversity contributes to excellence.