Mozambique: Clinician and Project Manager HIV
Solidarmed (view profile)
|Location||Cabo Delgado, Mozambique|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2014|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||04/25/2014|
SolidarMed is a leading non-profit organization working to improve the health of people in rural Sub Saharan Africa. Working together with National partners to strengthen health systems and community capacities, we are committed to scientific evidence and policy dialogue both as foundations and objectives of our work.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Support the District health directorate with quality insurance and scaling up (decentralization, integration) of HIV services, and with the piloting of new strategies in the following areas:
1. Counselling and Testing
2. Antiretroviral treatment
3. Prevention of Vertical Transmission
4. Monitoring and operational research
• Support selected activities to strengthen the District Health System (infrastructure, equipment etc.)
• Coordination of a local team
• Apply scientific evidence, promote lessons learned, network with research organizations and participation in research programs (specifically: Hepatitis B study and ART patient cohort)
• Coordinate with stakeholders such as the Provincial health directorate, Ministry of health, other NGO’s etc.
• This position is predominantly a Project Manager position, but we welcome clinical participation in HIV service provision
• Administrative tasks include budget control, project cycle management and reporting
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we expect the following qualifications:
• Physician (MD, specialized) with strong interest or degree in public health (MPH)
• Clinical expertise in HIV and/or internal medicine.
• Strong public health working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Experience in project and staff management
• Intercultural sensitivity, communication skills, capacity of networking
• Interest in knowledge sharing, applied field research and scientific exchange
• Fluent English and Portuguese (written, spoken)
• If Portuguese is not yet spoken: French, Italian or Spanish and the willingness to learn Portuguese is essential (you should be at ease in learning new languages);
• Solid computer skills, ideally also data analysis
• Willingness to live in a safe, but rural and remote area of Africa as only foreigner in the community
• A fascinating and up to date HIV project in a rural African setting
• A stimulating environment, linked to bilateral organizations, universities and non-governmental organizations
• A motivated team with flat hierarchies
• Specific training, a possibility of clinical collaboration
• The possibility to capitalize experiences, network scientifically and participate in conferences
• An attractive benefit package.
• Family posting possible and desirable. Interesting, safe, rural African setting; but no international schools available at place of work.
• Full time (100%) appointment, minimum 3 years
• Start of duties: as soon as possible (with flexibility; best before June 2014)
• SolidarMed is a medium size NGO, dynamic, flexible and with a clear vision. It is linked to bilateral organizations, universities, and other NGOs. See also www.solidarmed.ch
• Further information can be obtained by calling Dr. Michael Hobbins at SolidarMed or sending an email to email@example.com
• Applications are accepted in electronic format only, and with the reference “SMART Ancuabe PM Mocambique 2014”. Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site)
• Please send your application with CV (including your age), a short letter of motivation, and a photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview
Application deadline: 25th April 2014
CH – Luzern 4
Tel.: +41 / 41 310 66 60
← Go back
- Senior Grants Officer for Asia posted 14 days ago.
- Manager of International Health Programs posted 20 days ago.
- DESERT FOOD Director posted 6 days ago.
- Analyst & Writer - Health Systems and Health Financing posted 8 days ago.
- Procurement Officer posted 9 days ago.