Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning (MERL) Internship
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Washington, DC, District Of Columbia|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2012|
|Category||Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Duration||Full-time 4 months|
|Closing date for applications||June 2, 2012|
Pact is reformulating the MERL department to take Pact’s measurement to the next level. The MERL Intern will work to support a MERL team as part of the Program Advancement group to provide monitoring, evaluation, results and learning support to Pact programs in countries worldwide. The position provides backstopping for new business development, program start-up, quality assessment and improvement of on-going monitoring and all evaluations. The MERL Intern will coordinate closely with the MERL Advisors and Country Office MERL Officer and will support improved quality for all Pact programs.
• Develop an SOP for synthesizing and sharing learning from Program Evaluations
• Curate monthly content messages to the Community of Practice.
• Oversee monthly webinars for the Community of Practice.
• Work with the Visualization and Data Utilization intern to ensure high functionality and usability of the approach that is designed.
• Work with the Program Officer developing the F Process Indicators database to ensure maximum integration of data into current systems.
• Prepare data entry screens and liaise with the field regarding the FY2012 Global Indicators reporting.
• Provide final editing and additions of content to the Peacebuilding and Managing Evaluations Modules that are being developed.
• Oversee the effective administration of the mobile phone data collection pilot project.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree in progress or to start in the Fall preferred)
• Excellent communication, writing and data visualization skills.
• Practical, prefers the 80% solution to no solution.
• Experience with relational database systems and database administration (preferred).
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software required. Proficiency with SPSS preferred.
• 1-2 years of development experience in an overseas setting, preferably sub-Saharan Africa (preferred).
• Experience with health, governance, livelihoods or capacity development programming.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back