|Location||Washington DC , Washington DC|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2012|
|Category||Marketing & Public Relations|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Pact is seeking talented and energetic Marketing Specialists responsible for carrying forward meaningful messages through words, ideas, and images that deliver upon the promises / benefits of the organization, that are in line with Pact’s brand, and that can be directly correlated to increased revenue generation. The Marketing and Communications Department is responsible for the overall “look and feel” of Pact. The team fosters effective, creative, and cooperative communications throughout the organization.
The Marketing Specialist (MS) is responsible for preparing digital and non-digital material for external use. The MS serves as webmaster of Pact’s external website (a redesign is currently under development), managing overall content flow, ensuring quality of text and graphics and keeping site dynamic, functional and distinctive . The MS designs art and copy layouts and provides substantive input on message development. The MS may also consolidate and edit original content, both of narrative and non-narrative material, developed by others.
Ideal candidates will have wide-ranging content development skills and broad multimedia expertise. They will be highly competent/expert in the Adobe Creative Suite; knowledgeable about content management systems; familiar with HTML/CSS; experienced in video editing and scripting; and able to write clear, compelling copy.
The MS reports to a Marketing Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DESCRIPTION: BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE
• Active responsibility for the layout, design, and production of digital and non-digital projects.
• Coordinates and manages website content, electronic newsletters and other outbound communications material.
• Gathers information and materials for marketing campaigns, including compelling narratives from clients, donors, and/or employees.
• Effectively supports stylistic and artistic direction of projects
• Creates and refines conceptual design options for review and selection
• Selects appropriate images for projects and digitally optimizes them.
• Regularly posts content to and monitors all social media sites and tools and keeps up with new developments
• Consults with photographers, videographers and outside freelancers/agencies as needed.
• Advises the organization on the purchase and use of new technologies, especially web-based media and new communications platforms
• Work closely with Marketing Communications team members to understand departmental and organizational priorities and make recommendations.
• Maintains up-to-date design skills to remain current with latest design programs and trends.
• Other duties as assigned