Manager of International Health Programs
Global Health Action, Inc. (view profile)
|Date Posted||March 9, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||4/7/2017|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
Fluency in English and ability to communicate on a professional level in French are required.
We're looking for the right person to embrace our mission and philosophy and join our team in making a difference in the world.
GHA operates with a small number of key staff members. The Manager of Programs (MP) is the only full-time program position. The MP is primarily responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating GHA’s programs. This includes
• Designing, developing, and updating program materials
• Maintaining, adapting, and expanding current programs
• Identifying, developing, and implementing new programs and partnerships in alignment with the organization’s mission and philosophy
Currently, GHA engages in maternal and child health projects in Haiti and partners with the Chinese government to strengthen community programs for “Left-Behind” Children in China. The organization wishes to expand into additional areas and countries, including a domestic program addressing the psycho-social needs of children of incarcerated parents, an expanded health system strengthening project in Haiti, and a new program in Lesotho targeting HIV, menstrual health, and maternal health.
The MP must be able to work independently, multi-task, wear multiple hats, problem-solve, and be well-versed and comfortable with common software applications and technological solutions. The successful candidate will be a big-picture thinker who can effectively operationalize their ideas in the required context. The MP reports directly to the CEO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with the CEO in ongoing, short-term and long-term project and program strategy development and implementation
• Forges and maintains strategic program and organizational alliances
• Manages all aspects of GHA programs, including
o program design
o proposal development
o program content
o report writing
o income and expense budgeting and monitoring for programs
o program evaluation
o communication with collaborating organizations and personnel in the U.S. and overseas
• Develops and prepares content for grant proposals and program marketing materials to fund program activities
• Leads participatory curriculum development for participant-centered international training workshops and training programs
• Presents material before and engages with a variety of groups and organizations
• Develops, oversees and maintains written instructions and policies regarding program procedures
• Determines relevance of information based on research of best practices in international health
• Supervises program interns, volunteers, and related consultants
• Coordinates with partners for data collection from the field
• Works with the entire GHA staff on projects and tasks as needed
• Travels to current and potential program sites as needed
• Master’s degree in public health (or related discipline)
• Professional and technical proficiency in French (written and spoken)
• Strong English written and verbal communications skills
• Expertise in group facilitation skills, both for planning and training purposes
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a related mid-level management position
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of international health programs
• Successful program grant writing and grant management experience
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and relate well to people of all cultures, backgrounds, and socio-political status
• Prior international work experience is required
• A demonstrated passion for the mission and work of non-profit health organizations
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate how you learned of this opportunity. No phone calls please.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.