International Technical Assistance for the review of foster care services for vulnerable children in Moldova
|Location||Moldova, Moldova, Republic of|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Duration||41 working days, including field trips.|
|Closing date for applications||10 July, 2012|
A principal objective of the 2007-2012 National Strategy and Action Plan was to reduce the number of children living in residential institutions by 50% by 2012. This has largely been achieved through the interaction of several factors and actors. But more than 5,000 children continue to live in residential institutions. It is thought that an unknown number of children currently resident in institutions could be better cared for in foster care.
A recent evaluation of implementation of the National Strategy and Action Plan has drawn attention to the relatively small number of foster carers in Moldova. This Terms of Reference is for a situation assessment to illuminate the reasons for the relatively small number of foster carers, understood to be 138, and make recommendations for the further development of foster care in Moldova.
For details, please refer to the attached terms of reference.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Advanced University degree in related field
• Expertise in the area of development of foster care
• Proven knowledge of the region
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Knowledge of Romanian and/or Russian would be an asset;
Background documents to be provided
• Government Decision No.924 of 31.12.2009 With regard to the appropriations for the children placed in professional parent support service
• Government Decision No.784 of 09.07.2007 to approve the National Strategy and the Action Plan for the reform of the residential child care system for 2007-2012
• Law No.123 of 18.06.2010 on Social Services
• Ordinance of Ministry of Education 2009: The Framework-Plan for transformation of the residential childcare system
• Government Decision No.*** Minimum standards of quality for the functioning of foster care service.
← Go back
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 5 days ago.
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 11 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 12 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 12 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 19 days ago.