International Development Intern
|Location||Burkina Faso, Senegal, or Niger, Burkina Faso|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2012|
|Category||Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Duration||July 2012 to June 2013|
|Closing date for applications||June 21, 2012|
ILC AFRICA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
on behalf of a
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) / AFRICA Lead
DEADLINE: June 21st 2012
ILC Africa seeks to place bright and capable recent master’s degree and bachelor’s degree graduates into the following USAID-supported regional institutions in West Africa:
CILSS - Comité permanent Inter-Etats de Lutte contre la Sécheresse dans le Sahel/Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel
CORAF- Conseil Ouest et Centre Africain pour la Recherche et le Développement Agricoles / West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development
Interested applicants should have a passion for operational efficiency and international development. This internship is an opportunity to gain hands-on, practical experience in West Africa while offering your latest skills learned from university programs and relevant work experiences.
ILC Africa seeks interns with strong competencies in any of the areas below:
A. LIBRARIAN SCIENCE/INFO. TECHNOLOGY/DATABASE & WEBSITE MGMT.
B. HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
C. COMMUNICATIONS/ PUBLIC RELATIONS/ and MARKETING
D. EDITING/ TECHNICAL EDITING / SCIENTIFIC WRITING
E. MONITORING & EVALUTION/STATISTICS
• Anticipated program period July 2012-June 2013
• A 12-month internship program where you will be placed in a Francophone West African country (Burkina Faso, Senegal, or Niger) depending on your skills and the organization’s needs
• Interns will go through a brief internship orientation program in Ghana before being placed in the host country. USAID/Africa LEAD will provide a 50% subsidy of round-trip airfare and visa costs to Accra, Ghana. Intern to pay the remaining 50% of airfare to Accra, Ghana
• 100% airfare and visa costs to your country of placement (Burkina Faso, Senegal, or Niger)
• Fully-covered accommodation during the length of the year-long internship
• A mobile telephone during the length of the year-long internship
• A local living stipend to subsidize monthly personal living costs during the length of the year-long internship
• Health care subsidy
← Go back
- Climate Change Communications Coordinator posted 3 days ago.
- Manager, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships posted 3 days ago.
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 9 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 16 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 16 days ago.