Institutional Funding Officer
|Location||Kinshasa, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the|
|Date Posted||May 8, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Duration||1 year (extendable)|
|Closing date for applications||May 19, 2012|
We are looking for an
Institutional Funding Officer
Duty station: Bukavu, Goma, or Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
Starting date: asap for 1 year with possibility for extension
Objective of the position
To identify and mobilise new sources of income in order to increase external funding for the DRC programme, by applying a strong entrepreneurial approach. This includes spotting funding opportunities, targeted donor relation building and engaging in joint fundraising initiatives with other Oxfam affiliates in DRC.
- To identify opportunities for fundraising with institutional donors and private foundations. Acquisition with (potential) donors for specific themes;
- To conduct donor mapping and develop further a country funding strategy in line with the identified Oxfam wide country strategy for DRC;
- To work together with other relevant Oxfam staff on the formulation of and timely update of the country funding strategy;
- To monitor the performance of the Bukavu field office on external funding in consultation with the External Funding Unit in The Hague;
- To inform and advise the country team on new acquisition opportunities (donors, budget lines, Calls for Proposals), on the basis of information obtained from the network of donors and other relevant contacts and to advise on how to follow-up on these opportunities;
- To maintain contacts with embassies and other donor institutions and make continuous investments to expand the network;
- To analyse concept notes and proposals on consistency, completeness, presentation, relevance to the donor and on the correct compliance with the donor’s demands. Assist in drafting and editing project/programme proposals in coordination with the country team;
- To advise and provide guidance, including (on-the-job) training to the DRC team on the process of developing high quality project proposals and report writing.
- An university degree in international relations, development studies, anthropology, geography, or related field and proven experience at this level;
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of development cooperation preferably with an NGO;
- Experience with identifying fundraising opportunities preferably for NGO’s and a good track-record of successfully acquired funding and donor-compliant implementation of programs;
- Experience with preparing project proposals for institutional donor agencies, including the European Commission, ECHO and private foundations as well as experience with other main donors’ rules and regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of DRC;
- Experience and knowledge of project cycle management, including monitoring, technical and financial reporting;
- Good communication and coaching skills;
- Good knowledge of the INGO sector; a natural networker with substantial experience of building relationships with (potential) donors; bringing a network of donor agencies is an asset;
- Relevant thematic specialization (is an asset);
- The willingness to travel regularly;
- Skills in French and English (proficiency orally and in writing).
A competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. We will offer a gross salary in the range of € 2.581,- to € 3.971,- on the basis of a fulltime position. This is excl. 8% holiday fee, additional expat allowances will be offered. This position is either a family posting (when based in Kinshasa) or accompanied posting (no children, when based in Goma or Bukavu).
More information and application procedure
Are you interested? Send your application in writing, including a motivation letter and CV and mentioning reference number (5-061) to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Patricia Vermeulen, before May 19, 2012. For more information on this position, please contact Jan Vossen (email@example.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
← Go back
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 3 days ago.
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 9 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 10 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 18 days ago.
- Resource Development Officer posted 18 days ago.