Health Technical Advisor, Myanmar
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Yangon, Myanmar, Myanmar|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2012|
|Category||Advocacy & Partnership|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||May 23, 2012|
Requisition Number: 12-0065
The Health Technical Advisor (HTA) is responsible for leading the health program team in program management, technical development, business development, and the documentation and reporting of program activities both internally and to donors. S/he will work closely with project managers in HIV/AIDS (care and support and livelihoods development) and in community health with an emphasis on TB, malaria and maternal and child health. S/he will provide oversight and leadership in community health fund management and fund strengthening. Overall responsibilities include: technical leadership; team management and mentoring; policy advocacy; donor, government and partner liaison; new business development; and oversight of programmatic and financial management for current and new Myanmar health programs.
The Health Advisor is a member of the Pact Myanmar Senior Management Team. S/he reports to the Country Director. The planned contract period is 2 years.
Technical Oversight and Health Program Management
1. Provide technical guidance, leadership, and quality assurance in TB, malaria, and maternal child health, linking to other Pact country programs both in and outside of Myanmar.
2. Standardize community level malaria testing and treatment protocols in line with National Plan and WHO best practice standards.
3. Provide technical support for developing ongoing care and support activities for PLHA in combination with established livelihood empowerment groups.
4. Provide technical support for continued development and documentation of Pact’s community health and empowerment model while deepening technical approaches to disease management.
5. Oversee and provide technical input to the development of IEC materials and workshop curricula.
6. Oversee Pact’s health programming in Myanmar to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of projects, in compliance with Pact’s and donors’ program quality standards.
7. Assist in the timely deployment of financial and human resources for program success and attainment of desired results/indicators. Ensure that all project deliverables are met in a high quality, cost effective and timely fashion.
8. Ensure that proper program monitoring and evaluation systems are in place with MERL plans and community feedback mechanisms giving adequate attention to applying lessons learned throughout the program period.
9. Document and disseminate methodologies and results that can inform the wider Pact community (such as evaluation documents, consultant reports, workshop reports, etc.). Share and promote these resources through a variety of means (including e-mail, brown bags, the Intranet, etc.).
10. Make periodic visits to field sites, to monitor the status of projects on the ground.
Human Resource Management
1. Support and supervise Health Program Managers in workplan development and target tracking.
2. Implement Performance Management systems, planning, monitoring, and evaluating, that result in motivated, effective, and efficient staff performance.
3. Set up and implement training plans for individual and groups of staff.
4. Promote a learning environment within the country office that facilitates two-way learning with various stakeholders. Facilitate and/or participate in learning communities of practice and task forces. Co-lead the Health Focus Work Group to achieve the group’s objectives and key results.
New Program Development
1. Coordinate in-country Pact health programs marketing and promotion in coordination with the Country Director and with the assistance of the Program Managers.
2. Ensure that Pact continues to develop and strengthen health programs based on strategic analysis of the local country context.
3. Ensure strategic growth for Pact congruent with the strategic plan.
4. Act as primary proposal writer and Myanmar champion for new business related to the development of Pact Myanmar’s health portfolio.
5. Further develop and represent Pact’s health portfolio with current and new donors and potential partners
Networking, Alliance Building and Collaboration
1. Develop networks of opinion/community leaders and program managers to assist in information sharing to sustain upward and multi-sectoral support for diseases of national priority including malaria, diarrhea/dysentery, TB, HIV, protein energy malnutrition and acute respiratory infections.
2. Represent Pact at health-related working group meetings, Global Fund coordination meetings and World TB and HIV Day celebrations held in the capital and in Yangon.
3. Ensure strong cooperation and collaboration with partners, donors, government, and other key stakeholders as a base for building/maintaining/expanding a sustainable country and regional program
4. Assure optimal coordination and collaboration with Pact DC and Pact’s regional staff.
5. Assure smooth information flow among internal and external actors and partners.
Other Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree required, Masters in Public Health or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience
• International public health program management with a focus on malaria, tuberculosis, MCH or community based health promotion.
• Experience in program financial management.
• Experience in community fund management, savings led microfinance or women’s economic empowerment initiatives.
• Experience in producing reports for international donors.
• Experience in participatory methodologies, community mobilization and working with grassroots organizations.
• Demonstrated success in proposal writing and fundraising for external financing agencies.
• Demonstrated Training of Trainers skills.
• Ability to create and manage synergy and collaboration with national health plans and priorities.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- Climate Change Communications Coordinator posted 1 day ago.
- Manager, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships posted 1 day ago.
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 6 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 14 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 14 days ago.