Grants Officer, Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||aduja, Nigeria, Nigeria|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2012|
|Category||NGO & Civil Society|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||July 8, 2012|
Summary: Pact seeks a Senior Grants Officer for an anticipated USAID program in Nigeria to strengthen civil society. This position provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to grants and contracts. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ and Pact regional offices to ensure application of Pact regulations and policies as well as periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices.
• Administer the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
• Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects
• Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and their documentation for sub-grants and contracts, including for grants to government bodies.
• Develop contract and grant award documents
• Respond to issues that arise during grand, subgrant, and contract program implementation including financial reporting, modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings.
• Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees.
• Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from grantees. Develop training materials and carry-out regular trainings with grantee partners.
• Develop a local contracts and grants management manual that that is updated and accurately represents the procedures carried out by Pact
• Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact's headquarters office.
• Respond to inquiries regarding compliance with terms and conditions under awards from a variety of donors. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors.
• Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
• Assist with reviewing budget estimates for allowability, reasonableness and consistency.
• Oversee closeout of awards, and provide oversight to staff for closeout of awards including preparation of final inventories, property disposition under contracts and grants received by Pact.
• BA and at least 4 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
• Experience in a similar role managing grants design and administration and managing and overseeing distribution of grants and contracts.
• Grants under contract experience required.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars
• Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
• Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management.
• Fluency in English and proficiency in at least one other language
To apply of this position, please visit out website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- Climate Change Communications Coordinator posted about 20 hours ago.
- Manager, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships posted about 21 hours ago.
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 6 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 14 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 14 days ago.