Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Juba, South Sudan, Sudan|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
• Work with Pact South Sudan program/ project managers to select grantees/vendors for award under various projects. This will include the issuance of RFAs and the conducting of pre-award assessments to determine the fitness for purpose of prospective grantees using an appropriate tool.
• Make determinations of risk profiles of prospective grantees/vendors and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate the risks identified, including the development of special award conditions.
• Obtain donor approvals where required.
• In addition to pre-award assessments, the Grants Manager will also be responsible for the following pre-award tasks:
a) Selection of the proper award instrument
b) Cost analysis and budget negotiations
c) Preparation of negotiation memoranda
d) Complete submission of all award documents for approval by the Director, G&C (for purchase orders above $30,000).
• Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management. Technical assistance on the following topics will be provided in conjunction with other initiatives of regional grant advisors:
a) Pact’s grants management policies and procedures
b) Policies and procedures for procurement under sub-grants
c) Interpretation of regulations (22 CFR 226, 22 CFR 228, OMB Circular A-110 and A-122, ADS chapters, etc.)
d) Preparation of solicitations (RFA, APS)
e) Simplified grants
g) Grantee monitoring
• Verify obligated funding available and data reported in the subgrant matrix for each project.
• Maintain individual Trackers for each individual award to verify spending against the approved budget.
• Collect and maintain complete documentation of submission/transmittal of reports that are specific to grants under prime awards:
a) Inventory of assets in grantees’ custody
b) VAT reports of grantees
c) Audit reports of grantees
d) Other deliverables (programmatic and financial) of grantees
• Work with G&C/HQ to obtain prior approvals and waivers for and from clients required for administration of specific grants.
• Monitor compliance with special award conditions by grantees.
• Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from grants and make recommendations to the Country Director and/or G&C Director of Grants and Contracts for resolution.
• Routinely monitor the maintenance and control of the archive of grants.
• Ensure the final disposition of property acquired by grantee.
• Support and undertake regular site visits to grantee offices and activities.
III. Procurement Under Grants
• Prepare RFPs, IQCs, and other instruments for competitive selection processes.
• Prepare and/or review documentation (selection, choice of instrument) of purchase orders and contracts financed under grants.
• Verify obligated funding available for purchase orders and contracts.
• Verify completion and payment of final invoices.
IV. Training and Other Technical Assistance
• Contribute to the development and delivery of training in grants management in the field.
• Contribute to substantive discussions in the Grants Community of Practice.
• Support New Business Development, especially through the review and development of an appropriate sub-award plan and budget.
• Oversee Pact South Sudan Grants staff, approximately 6 to 8 staff.
• When required (until a Capacity Development/ Civil Society Strengthening Manager is hired), manage special programs e.g. Civil Society Organization (CSO) Excellence Initiative, including organizational capacity assessments and action planning for all CSO members; development of training opportunities; and development of coaching plan for Pact Programs and Grants staff involved.
• Demonstrated solid knowledge of USG and other donor regulations applicable to grants administration. Experience of managing either USAID, OFDA or INL award(s) essential.
• Strong analytical skills to successfully perform financial reviews and other forms of quantitative analyses.
• Effective written and oral communications skills that are essential to building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
• Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
• Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and database skills.
• Fluency in English with preference given to applicants with high proficiency in Arabic; language skills will be subject to testing.
• Ability and willingness to travel to remote environments and to live in group housing.
BA and at least 4 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
• Experience in a similar role managing grants design and administration and managing and overseeing distribution of grants and contracts.
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars
• Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
• Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management.
• Fluency in English and proficiency in at least one other language
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong in all areas
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Engagement in corporate initiatives
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Strong understanding of budgets
• Good experience in one of Pact’s technical areas or a support function
• Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
• Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
To apply please visit our job openings page at: http://www.pactworld.org/cs/job_openings_list