Field Grants and Contracts Manager
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Kinshasa, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the|
|Date Posted||April 26, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Pact, Inc., a U.S.-based, non-profit international development organization is seeking a Grants and Contract Manager to be based in the Democratic Republic of Congo for an anticipated multi-year program that will promote sustainable economic development in Eastern DRC and other mineral-rich provinces through strategic support to the Artisanal- and Small-scale Mining (ASM) sector. The G and C Manager and other staff will work closely with the DRC Ministry of Mines, related ministries and other entities to prioritize short-, medium-, and long-term actions that address the main challenges and opportunities for reforming the ASM. The program’s scope is part of a broader strategy to revitalize mining in DRC and will include the country’s main mined minerals. It is expected that the program will enable the government of DRC to carry out essential reforms in the ASM sector as well as broader changes to the overall mining sector which will contribute to:
• Better governance and management of the ASM sector;
• Improved operating environment for artisanal miners;
• Livelihood diversification in ASM areas;
• An improved revenue base for the government from the mining sector; and
• Clear policies and measures to address the most important negative externalities of the ASM sector in DRC, in particular child labor, the precarious role of women, environmental degradation, and the spread of infectious diseases (esp. HIV/AIDS).
The Grants and Contracts Manager provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to grants and contracts. She or he will provide high-level program management and administrative support local NGOs which requires close collaboration with Pact HQ and Pact regional offices to ensure application of Pact regulations and policies. The G and C Manager will conduct periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices. The Grants and Contracts Manager will report to a Country Director or Chief of Party.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures;
• Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects;
• Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and their documentation for sub-grants and contracts, including for grants to government bodies;
• Develop contract and grant award documents;
• Respond to issues that arise during grant, sub grant, and contract program implementation including financial reporting, modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings;
• Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees;
• Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from grantees. Develop training materials and carry-out regular trainings with grantee partners;
• Develop a local contracts and grants management manual that that is updated and accurately represents the procedures carried out by Pact;
• Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact’s headquarters office;
• Respond to inquiries regarding compliance with terms and conditions under awards from a variety of donors. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances/approvals/ deviations from donors;
• Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations;
• Assist with reviewing budget estimates for allowability, reasonableness and consistency;
• Oversee close-out of awards and provide oversight to staff for close-out of awards including preparation of final inventories, property disposition under contracts and grants received by Pact.
BA and at least 4 years of relevant experience (or equivalent);
• Experience in a similar role managing grant design/administration/management;
• Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements;
• Working knowledge of OMB Circulars;
• Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award;
• Proven capacity to design and deliver training and technical assistance programs to build a full range of capacities for grant management;
• Proficiency in English and French
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations;
• Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good;
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures;
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills;
• Engagement in corporate initiatives.
• Strong planning and time management skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to make a presentation;
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues;
• Ability to multi-task with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities;
• Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills;
• Strong understanding of budgets.
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment at Pact is a voluntary “at will” relationship.
To apply please visit our job openings page at: http://www.pactworld.org/cs/job_openings_list
← Go back
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 11 days ago.
- Project Manager HIV posted 12 days ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 12 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 19 days ago.
- Lesotho: HIV / primary healthcare project manager Paray, Thaba Tseka posted 25 days ago.