Expert local agriculture and smallholder farmers
SNV Netherlands Development Organization (view profile)
|Date Posted||April 14, 2017|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Experience Required||5+ years|
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a +100 million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
SNV will be tendering for a donor funded programme in Rwanda, which is expected to start around September 2017.The overall objective of the project is to support the implementation of the government's economic development and poverty reduction strategy, thereby contributing to poverty eradication and the promotion of inclusive and sustainable growth.
The purpose is to support the institutions in charge of the agriculture reform, particularly the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources Government of Rwanda and related implementing bodies, through technical assistance, skill transfer and capacity development in planning and implementing the agriculture sector strategy, and in particular its contribution to the food and nutrition security of households, broad-based agriculture value chain development, and the sustainable, climate smart, efficient and effective use of land and water resources.
• Graduate- or Post-graduate Degree in Agronomy or Agriculture Sciences or Agriculture Economy or Economy or Business Administration or equivalent professional experience of at least 5 years.
• At least 6 years of professional working experience with advising, assisting or assessing agriculture cooperatives, commodity-based producer associations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in strengthening linkages between farmers and agribusinesses.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in enabling smallholder farmers to increase agricultural production and productivity.
• Knowledge of approaches to strengthen the organisation, service delivery and accountability of agriculture cooperatives and other types of farmer organisations.
• Similar experience in different African countries
• Working experience in strengthening community-based models (e.g. joint use of community land) that allow vulnerable and marginal (e.g. landless) groups to benefit from agriculture development.
• At least C-1 level proficiency in English.
• At least B-2 level proficiency in French.
The intended start date is 1 September 2017 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
Please send in your CV and application letter before 25-04-2017
Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/113436186-expert-local-agriculture-and-smallholder-farmers