Education Officer (P-2)
|Location||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||11 May 2012|
Under the general supervision of the Education Specialist / Education Section and in the context of the Education Sector-wide Approach (SWAp), the incumbent will contribute to the planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the education Capacity Development Partnership Fund (CDPF), under the framework of the Basic Education Programme.
For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference:
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Social Sciences, or a technical field related to the work of UNICEF. Advanced degree would be an advantage.
• Two years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in the field of basic education in low-income countries is required, preferably with experience in educational planning and management, capacity and institutional development, programme administration, donor reporting and UNICEF systems. Experience of working closely with a Ministry of Education is also very relevant.
• Fluency in English and basic proficiency in at least one UN language.
1. UNICEF Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity.
2. Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
3. Functional Competencies: Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Analytical Technical Expertise, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing.
4. Technical Knowledge: Essential Technical Knowledge of theories, principles and methods in the following areas: Knowledge of aid effectiveness and the modalities of international education financing including programme-based approaches is desirable; Rights-based and Results-based approaches and programming in UNICEF; UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines in the Manual; Mid-Term Strategic Plan; Methodology of programme/project management; UNICEF programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies; Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNCEF position and approaches; UNICEF policies and strategy to address on national and international issues, particularly relating to conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery; UNICEF emergency programme policies, goals, strategies and approaches; UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses; UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions; UN security operations and guidelines.
Office-based position; Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to Apply:
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and UN Personal History (P-11) form (download here), as well as the two most recent performance appraisals or performance evaluation reports which should be sent to: UNICEF Cambodia, Human Resources Unit, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via email to email@example.com
Please include the title and vacancy number of this notice in all correspondence. Regret letters will only be sent to shortlisted candidates. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
← Go back
- Climate Change Communications Coordinator posted about 12 hours ago.
- Manager, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships posted about 12 hours ago.
- Global Advocacy & Communications Officer, PP Global (NYC) posted 6 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 20 days ago.
- Resource Development Officer posted 20 days ago.