Director of Pact Europe (DPE)
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Date Posted||August 7, 2012|
|Category||NGO & Civil Society|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||September 7, 2012|
Director of Pact Europe (DPE) will be responsible managing Pact Europe`s daily activities as assigned by the Pact Europe Board of Directors. The successful candidate will be responsible for general management of Pact Europe including general operations, development of new business in the region overall management of the Vilnius office, and compliance with Pact and donor policies and regulations. In addition, the DPE will manage Pact’s Belarus programs—from Vilnius. In the near term, the bulk of the duties of the PDE will be spent supporting the Belarus program. Over time, the mix of duties will shift to be more related to Pact Europe.
The DPE reports to the Board of Directors of Pact Europe but will work closely with Pact’s Belarus Country Director and with Pact’s Regional VP
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (Pact Europe related)
• Provide general management of the Pact Europe office operations, including ensuring compliance with all local laws
• Supervise a small staff
• Represent Pact and Pact Europe to donors across Europe. Help facilitate meetings and presentations by Pact and Pact Europe staff to donors
• Help develop and execute capture strategies regarding key donors and key opportunities across Europe.
• Assist in preparation of proposals to donors
• Build partnerships with key stakeholders
Belarus Program Related
• Contribute to preparation of financial and program reports
• Review and endorse all grants and contracts for the Belarus projects, including institutional grants; prepare or review and endorse contracts for consultants and mentors;
• Manage HR administration of the project staff, prepare and maintain employment agreements, develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organization;
• Coordinate the grants management process, manage programs or capacity development efforts as assigned by the COP, DCOP or Country Resident Manager;
• Coordinate meetings with donors as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: A BA and at least 12 years of relevant experience Ability and willingness to travel internationally Strong written and spoken English language skills
• An advanced degree
• At least 5 years of experience with international technical assistance, preferably on programs supported by international donors
• Experience in multiple sectors of civil society strengthening such as legal rights education, civil society legal and regulatory environment, international laws and best practices, local government engagement and cooperation, media
• Demonstrated experience in business development and client relations
• Strong skills in research and analysis, project management, financial management.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in Lithuanian and Russian, both written and spoken
• Knowledge of Belarusian language.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- WUSC Country Director, Ghana posted 11 days ago.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Economist posted 20 days ago.
- Foundation Team Leader posted about 1 month ago.
- Deputy Director, Business and Service Development posted about 10 hours ago.
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Myanmar posted 3 days ago.