Chief of Party - Vietnam Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Institute for Sustainable Communities
|Location||Various - Vietnam, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
ISC seeks candidates with a proven track record of designing, implementing, and directing international programs that present innovative approaches to problem solving. The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight and serve as principal liaison to USAID. The COP will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Project and will ensure that it is progressing appropriately and meeting its targets. We are especially interested in candidates who have achieved positive program impacts and have demonstrated creative and adaptive program management in challenging environments.
ISC is an innovative, international development organization that has successfully worked for over 20 years to give citizens and the organizations that support them the tools, skills, and resources they need to improve lives and build a more peaceful, stable world. Our current areas of programmatic growth include strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; helping communities in the U.S. and Asia become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or that are vulnerable to climate disruption. Founded by Madeleine M. Kunin in 1991, ISC is based in beautiful, picturesque Vermont, a state that values grassroots democracy and environmental stewardship. ISC has an office in Washington, DC, and international offices in China and Serbia.
• Required minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in leading and managing international development programs or projects in Southeast Asia with at least 5 years’ experience managing programs in forestry and/or adaptation.
• Required Master’s level degree in management, international development or a field of study related to forestry, fisheries, agriculture, climate adaptation, disaster risk reduction, coastal management, or capacity building. Preferred: Ph.D. level degree in one of these fields of study
• Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity building, high-level strategic visioning and leadership, and experience in working effectively with civil society, local, regional and central-level government authorities and with USAID or other development partners.
• Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of international donor supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting. Preferred: Experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Experience in managing programs of a large bilateral or international donor, particularly previous experience as a Chief of Party, preferred.
• Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, and fluency in written and oral English, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders including senior representatives of national and local government.
• Demonstrated high level of expertise in one or more of the following technical areas of climate change: forestry, adaptation, fisheries, agriculture, disaster risk reduction, coastal management
• Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-sector (such as public and private sector) and multi-disciplinary teams.
Position available pending funding.
Please go to http://www.iscvt.org/who_we_are/jobs/application to complete our web based application form.
In addition to filling out the form please follow the directions to upload your cover letter and resume (one file please!). Applications are reviewed as received. Position(s) open until filled. Online applications only. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted. ISC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you experience difficulty with the online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
← Go back
- Foundation Team Leader posted about 1 month ago.
- Coordinator of Emergency Response to the Coffee Rust Crisis posted 2 days ago.
- Technical Advisor posted 2 days ago.
- Intern - South-South Global Health Exchange Solutions Analyst posted 2 days ago.
- Senior Transition Consultant posted 2 days ago.