Chief of Party, Kyrgyzstan Civil Society Strengthening and Governance Program
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Date Posted||April 18, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Summary: The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of a large USAID funded civil society strengthening and governance program in Kyrgyzstan. The COP is responsible for meeting the project’s technical objectives, managing financial resources, managing program staff, managing partnering agreements, maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, managing donor reporting and ensuring a high-quality delivery of services.
The COP reports to a Asia Eurasia Regional Vice President
• Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adhering to expected technical quality
and reporting requirements
• Participate in the technical and programmatic design of award and partner programs; represent Pact in negotiating with donors and partners
• Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual workplans; guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports
• Ensure the cost-effective use of Pact resources
• Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies and regulations.
• Act as liaison to relevant donors and the local government
• As relevant, manage all local grantmaking mechanisms, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and Pact policy; coordinate and/or conduct monitoring visits to grantee programs.
• Provide training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity for technical service delivery and compliance with donor rules and regulations
• Recruit and directly supervise local project staff in line with Pact HR policies; Oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced
BA and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience (or equivalent)
Willingness and ability to be posted in Kyrgyzstan with extensive travel in country
• Experience managing similar civil society program in complex environments with a minimum of 8 years as a senior manager in a similar size program
• Excellent negotiation, conflict prevention and resolution skills and the ability to lead and build consensus, cooperation, and coalitions among individuals with competing interests
• Technical experience in several of the following areas: such as lobbying, advocacy, coalition-building, grant management, media relations, and organizational capacity building
• Ability to coordinate with other donor programs on civil society and seek synergies and complementarities to maximize results
• Experience leading large donor-funded programs with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain complex systems and procedures involving multiple implementation sites, multiple partners and diverse beneficiaries
• Ability to provide the financial management and oversight necessary to successfully
execute a large-scale program
• In depth knowledge of USAID and/or other donor regulations, systems and procedures
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate and coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
• Experience working in Kyrgyzstan or the Central Asia region
• Fluent in English with fluency in Russian and/or Kyrgyz preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Strong in all areas
• Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
• Deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
• Consistently works within internal process and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
• Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
• Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
• Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
• Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
• Strong experience in civil society strengthening, governance, capacity building
• Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID policies and regulations
• High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
• Ability to mentor others
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back
- Climate Change Communications Coordinator posted 1 day ago.
- Health Program Coordinator posted 15 days ago.
- Clinician with Hospital Development Expertise posted 28 days ago.
- Lesotho: HIV / primary healthcare project manager Paray, Thaba Tseka posted 28 days ago.
- Pharmacist/QA Officer/Procurement Officer posted 17 minutes ago.