Chief of Party, Civil Society Capacity Building Project
Pact, Inc. (view profile)
|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2012|
|Category||NGO & Civil Society|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Closing date for applications||June 18, 2012|
This position is contingent upon funding
Description: Position Summary: Pact seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID program in Tanzania that aims to strengthen civil society actors and networks through capacity building, engage media, and increase civic engagement. This position will represent Pact to USAID, local civil society organizations (CSOs), and other relevant donor organizations. The position will be responsible for providing leadership, management and administrative oversight; ensuring the project is progressing appropriately and meeting objectives; and managing staff.
• Provide vision and strategic direction for the program in areas such as civic participation, advocacy, governance, media engagement, and institutional strengthening;
• Manage implementation of project objectives and assure high quality deliverables.
• Ensure effective integration of program implementation among partner organizations through effective leadership;
• Serve as the principal liaison with USAID. Responsible for reporting program results to USAID, and cultivating and maintaining a positive and efficient relationship with USAID staff;
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with other donors and NGOs working in the area of capacity building, institution building, and media engagement;
• Supervise and mentor project staff;
• Provide oversight for the project’s financial management and procurement systems and ensure that they are in line with Pact policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
• Oversee program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting;
• Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of all annual work plans, performance and financial reports. This includes timely responses to donor requests for meetings, performance reports, success stories, and financial information for the project
• Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders, and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate steering and advisory groups.
• Coordinate implementation of the project with other Pact programs to ensure synergy and maximize impact.
• Demonstrated experience managing similarly complex USAID projects in other African countries, involving coordination with multiple programs, and partner institutions.
• Strong leadership skills and experience managing large, interdisciplinary teams with cultural diversity.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and consensus-building skills and ability to promote coordination among diverse interests and institutions.
• Strong communications skills, including interpersonal and well-written and oral English, to meet the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
• Proven experience working effectively with civil society, local, regional and central-level government authorities.
• Subgrant management experience.
• Experience overseeing programs transitioning local CSOs to direct USAID funding preferred.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation best practices preferred.
• Contract experience desirable.
• Ability and willingness to travel to remote parts with simple accommodation options.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BA and at least 10 years of relevant experience (or equivalent)
• A Master’s degree in Development Management, International Relations, International Development, an MBA, or other relevant field of study highly preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of progressive management experience in the civic engagement and democracy and governance sectors.
• Prior Experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Chief of Party or Country Manager required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
• USAID program management experience strongly preferred.
• Prior relevant work experience in East Africa strongly preferred; Previous work experience in Tanzania desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org
← Go back