Chief of Party
|Location||Hanoi, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Pact seeks a Chief of Party for a five-year USAID-funded climate change adaptation and mitigation program in Vietnam to accelerate Vietnam’s transition to climate resilient, low emissions development. Objectives will focus on supporting adoption of land use practices that slow, stop and reverse emissions from deforestation and degradation of forests and other landscapes and increasing resilience of people, places and livelihoods in delta areas through assistance for adaption and disaster risk management. The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program. S/he will also be the key contact with USAID. The successful candidate will be able to make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity. The Chief of Party will report to the Country Director and will oversee a team of operations staff and technical area managers. Key responsibilities for the Chief of Party position include the following:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide high-quality technical guidance and support that is grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adheres to expected technical quality.
• Remain up to date on good practices and developments in climate change programming, in order to ensure program quality and impact.
• Formulate and guide the implementation of the program based on program targets.
• Oversee team managers for the implementing partners, and technical, finance, grants, and M&E issues related to the project.
• Develop staff and partner capacity and technical knowledge.
• Lead the development of annual workplans and other planning documents, including development of corresponding activity budgets.
• Track progress of activities against workplan and spending against project budgets.
• Coordinate donor and organizational reporting per requirements and as requested; and ensure quality of project data and all narrative reports.
• Oversee project reviews and evaluations and ensure timely utilization and dissemination learning for continual improvement of project activities and overall strategy.
• Represent Pact and the project in relevant meetings with stakeholders, including partners, donors and government, and in external forums and working groups related to climate change.
• Participate in organizational Communities of Practice related to the project focus.
• Provide overall leadership, program and organizational management, and close communication with USAID
• Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity.
← Go back
- Procurement Specialist posted 1 day ago.
- Operations and Quality Assurance Assistant posted 1 day ago.
- Site Manager posted 3 days ago.
- Deputy Chief of Party (So. Sudan), Strengthening Democratic Local Governance Program (USAID) posted 4 days ago.
- Unit Chief, Program Budget posted 4 days ago.