Adaptation Team Leader - Vietnam Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Institute for Sustainable Communities
|Location||Various - Vietnam, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||May 11, 2012|
|Job Type||Full Time|
We are especially interested in candidates who have achieved positive program impacts and have demonstrated creative and adaptive program management in challenging environments.
Ideal candidates will have senior-level management experience in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam, related to adaptation. ISC seeks candidates with a proven track record of designing, implementing, and directing international programs that present innovative approaches to problem solving.
• Required: A minimum of 10 years professional experience in managing international development activities in the forest, land use, agriculture, fisheries, or disaster risk reduction, of which at least five years must have involved climate change adaptation. Preferred: Work experience in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam.
• Required: At least a Master’s level degree in international development, forestry, natural resource economics or social sciences, agriculture, fisheries, hydrology, or other related field. Preferred: Ph.D.-level degree in one of these fields.
• Required: Extensive senior level professional program management experience in the areas of policy reform, government engagement, and technical analyses.
• Required: Proven high level of expertise in forestry, natural resources, land use, agriculture, fisheries, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, or other areas related to these topics.
• Required: Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English, sound project management experience, and experience working with government institutions, NGOs, private sector, and local communities.
ISC is an innovative, international development organization that has successfully worked for over 20 years to give citizens and the organizations that support them the tools, skills, and resources they need to improve lives and build a more peaceful, stable world. Our current areas of programmatic growth include strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; helping communities in the U.S. and Asia become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or that are vulnerable to climate disruption. Founded by Madeleine M. Kunin in 1991, ISC is based in beautiful, picturesque Vermont, a state that values grassroots democracy and environmental stewardship. ISC has an office in Washington, DC, and international offices in China and Serbia.
Position available pending funding.
Please go to http://www.iscvt.org/who_we_are/jobs/application to complete our web based application form.
In addition to filling out the form please follow the directions to upload your cover letter and resume (one file please!). Applications are reviewed as received. Position(s) open until filled. Online applications only. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted. ISC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you experience difficulty with the online application, please contact email@example.com
← Go back